Mars Flexible Packaging Europe Limited , Mars Recycling Technology (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We have developed the following policy in compliance with GDPR regulations (General Data Protection Regulation within the European Union) US privacy laws, the Privacy Act of 1974, and under applicable data protection and privacy laws for South America (LATAM), Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa (EMEA), Japan, and Asia-Pacific (APAC).
We do update this policy from time to time so please do review this policy regularly.
Information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (our site);
· Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase;
· Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any mean;
· Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
· Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
· [ANY OTHER TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED].
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our up-most to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
· to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by [post or telephone].
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we reserve the right to provide them with aggregate anonymised information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate anonymised information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Brighton). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.]
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If [Mars Flexible Packaging Europe Limited, Mars Recycling Technology] or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How to manage my data Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by
default. However, if you do not want to allow cookies, you have the right to
do so by turning off your browser history and, on your browser settings,
opting out of seeing ads based on your interests. Instructions are usually
located within the “Help” or “Preferences” menu of your browser but below you will find some links that may help you:
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Safari for macOS Sierra: Manage cookies and website data using Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
- Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
For further information about cookies and privacy laws per region, as how to see what cookies are set on your device, how to delete and/or manage them, you may also visit the following sites:
There are several laws, including federal and state laws, that have provisions on data privacy. The FTC, the Federal Trade Commission, regulates data protection on all consumers in the US.
- The Americans With Disability Act
- The Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984
- The Children’s Internet Protection Act of 2001 (updated in 2013)
- The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986
- The Computer Security Act of 1997
- The Consumer Credit Reporting Control Act
- The COPP, The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
CalOPPA: California Online Privacy Protection Act
Spanish Data Protection Authority (AEPD)
Japan, and Asia-Pacific (APAC)
Google Analytics, Social Media and Our careers section
We use Google Analytics to track how visitors interact with our website, analyze where traffic is generated from and collect information related to general site engagement.
We have social media integration for recruiting purposed and to promote products and services. None of your personal information will ever be shared with Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Google. We do not publicize advertising on our site. However, you may click here for more information on Google ads. For more information on opting out of Facebook ads, click here. Should you delete your cookies, please note, you will need to opt out of seeing these messages again. These cookies cannot personally identify you and expire after 180 days or until you clear your cookies.
For more about Google and YouTube privacy policies, visit here: https://privacy.google.com/.
Vendors and Suppliers of Mars Flexible Packaging Europe Limited
In the process of supplier and vendor management, you may be asked to give your name, professional e-mail address, professional address, telephone number, etc. for these services. Mars Flexible Packaging Europe Limited believes that processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
How Is Your Personal Information Protected?
We also understand your concerns about online security and we do our best to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. We encourage parties linked to our site to follow similar practices; however, we have no control over how other websites fulfill their obligations and conduct their privacy policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on the websites linked to our website.
Will Mars Flexible Packaging Europe Limited Share Your Information?
When you voluntarily provide Mars Flexible Packaging Europe Limited with personally identifiable information online, that information is kept within the Mars Flexible Packaging Europe Limited family of web site(s) and will not be shared or distributed to our affiliates, partners, vendors or sponsors.
If you have any questions please contact Mars Flexible Packaging Europe Limited.
If you have any question or complaint related to the General Data Protection Regulation within the European Union (GDPR), please contact GDPR_Questions@marsrecycling.co.uk
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 Act ( the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.