General Commitment Statement
This policy recognises that the safety and health of all employees with Mars Recycling Technology a parent company of Mars Flexible Packaging Europe Limited is the responsibility of the company management.
In fulfilling the responsibility, management has a duty to provide and maintain, so far as is practicable, a working environment that is safe and without risk to health. This responsibility includes: Providing and maintaining safe plant and system of work. Making and monitoring arrangement for the safe use, handling storage and transport of plant and substances. Maintaining the workplace in a safe and healthy condition, and providing information training and supervision for all employees enabling them to work in a safe and healthy manner. The General Manager is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of this policy. The safety and health duties of management at all levels will be detailed and company procedures for training and back-up support will be followed. In fulfilling the objectives of this policy, management is committed to regular consultation with employees to ensure that the policy operates effectively and that safety and health measures are regularly reviewed.
A clear statement of responsibility Duties
Recognising any hazards occurring in the Mars Recycling Technology and its parent company Mars Flexible Packaging Europe Limited industry, this company will take every practicable step to provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all employees to this end:.
· Is responsible for the effective implementation of the company health and safety policy.
· Must observe implementation and fulfill its responsibility under the acts and regulation which apply to the Mars Flexible Packaging Europe Limited.
· Must ensure that the agreed procedures for regular consultation between management and those with designated and elected safety and health responsibilities are followed.
· Must make regular assessment of safety and health performance and resources in co-operation with those with designated and elected safety and health functions.
· Must ensure that all specific policies operating within this company are periodically revised and are consisting with company health and safety objectives.
· Must provide information training and supervision for all employees in the correct use of plant & machinery equipment and substances used throughout the company; and
· Must be informed of incidents and accidents occurring on the company premises or to company employees so that safety and health performance can accurately be guarded.
· Specific provisions and objectives.
· Nominated individual with responsibility for the implementation of the policy.
· Need to demonstrate an understanding of the hazards in this industry.
· Commitment to provide resources.Employees.
· Have a duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others affected by their actions at work. Every Employee must comply so far as they are reasonably able to, with the safety procedures and directions given by Mars Recycling Technology and a parent company Mars Flexible Packaging Europe Limited.
· Must not willfully interfere with or misuse items or facilities provided in the interests of safety and health of company employees; and Must in accordance with agreed company procedures This policy will be regularly reviewed in the light of legislation and company changes. Management seeks co-operation from all employees in realising our safety and health objectives and creating a safe work environment for mutual benefits. All employees will be advised, in writing, of agreed changes and arrangements for their implementation.·Need for separate policies and procedures for specific areas which will support overall policy.·Company procedures and training arrangements to be followed.·Requirement of relevant OHS legislation.· Acknowledgement of agreed company procedures for dealing with those with nominated or elected health and safety function.